
So, the Simmons family day schedule is going under severe renovation.
The family day concept we learned from a close friend who lived overseas for years and had 4 children. It goes like this: Each family member gets a day of the week that is their day. On that day, they get to help choose the food for dinner, get a special treat or day out with mom or dad, and don't have to do their chores. I am also planning to start blogging here about each kid on their day, so you all can see what is up with them. It will be a challenge, but, hey, I think that we are up to it.
The difference here is that the weekend falls on Friday/Saturday, with the holy day being on Friday. So, in Germany, we had our Fam night Pizza on Fridays and the kids days were Monday through Thursday (from youngest to oldest). Pam's day was Saturday, and mine, Sunday.
Now we are adjusting to the local flow (and kids school schedules) where fam pizza night is Thursday and the kids go from Sunday to Wednesday. Pam stays on Saturday and I move to Friday. I guess this shows that Pam is the stable one in the fam. But, then, everyone who knows us, knew that!

2 comments:
I am glad to hear that you are settling in well. We think if you all often and are sad that we are serving worlds apart. We are glad however that we are serving for the same purpose and that eternity will be a long time.
school on sunday? i'll pass...
as for the stable one of the family, i always knew it...
Post a Comment